This class covers written protocols, policies and procedures for delivering our services and responsibilities.
5.1 Policies and procedures for conducting University business
This is information including codes of practice, memoranda of understanding, procedural rules, standing orders and procedures for handling requests for information.
- Codes of practice:
- Procedural rules: Contact the Finance Department by email.
- Standing orders: For information about Academic Board’s Standing Orders, contact the Secretariat by email.
- Requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act
- Requests for personal information under the Data Protection Act: Contact the Information Compliance Officers by email.
5.2 Procedures and policies relating to academic services
This information includes policies and procedures relating to honorary degrees, procedures for changing course, regulations and policy on student assessment, appeal procedures and policy on breach of assessment regulations.
- Graduation ceremonies and honorary graduates and honorary degrees
- University Regulations and individual award recognitions
5.3 Procedures and policies relating to student services
This information includes relevant policies and procedures relating to student admission and registration, accommodation, management of the student records system, the assessment of external qualifications, internal student complaints and appeals and code of student discipline.
- Student Support Services
- Student Admissions:
- Registration: See University Regulations
- Accommodation Services
- Accreditation of Prior Learning Student Handbook: Contact the Admissions Department by email.
- Student complaints, academic appeals, academic offences and student conduct and discipline: See Student Contention
5.4 Procedures and policies relating to recruitment
This information includes recruitment policies and current vacancies.
5.5 Code of Conduct for members of governing bodies
5.6 Equality and Diversity
This information includes policies, statements, procedures and guidelines relating to equal opportunities.
5.7 Health and Safety
5.8 Estates Management
This information includes disposals policy, estates strategy and plan, facilities management policies, grounds and buildings maintenance.
- Health and Safety: Contact the Health and Safety Department by email.
- Waste Management procedures: Contact the Estates and Commercial Facilities Department by email.
- Estates Strategy: Contact the Estates and Commercial Facilities Department by email.
- Environment and Sustainability policies: Contact the Estates and Commercial Facilities Department by email.
- Facilities Management (soft services): Contact the Estates and Commercial Facilities Department by email.
- Facilities Management (hard services): Contact the Estates and Commercial Facilities Department by email.
- Buildings and grounds maintenance: Contact the Estates and Commercial Facilities Department by email.
5.9 Complaints Policy
This is information about complaints procedures including requests for information and operating the publication scheme.
- Student Complaints Procedure
- Staff Grievance Policy: Contact Human Resources by email.
- Complaints in relation to requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act
5.10 Records management and personal data policies
This is information about information security policies, records retention and archive policies and data protection (including data sharing policies).
- ICT Acceptable Use Policy
- Other IT Publications: Contact the ICT Department by email.
- Data Protection policies and procedures
- Records Retention and Archive policies: Contact the Information Compliance Officers via email.
5.11 Research Policy and Strategy
This is information about quality assurance procedures, policy and procedures relating to intellectual property, ethics committee terms of reference, applications and their approval and other relevant codes of practice including policy, strategy and procedures relating to knowledge transfer and enterprise.
- Quality Assurance procedures: Contact the Office of Quality, Standards and Partnerships by email.
- Policy on Intellectual Property Rights
- Ethics and Research Committees Terms of Reference
- Applications and Approval
- Knowledge Transfer and Enterprise
5.12 Charging Regimes and Policies
This is information about statutory charging regimes including charges made for information routinely published.
- Charging for information included in the Publication Scheme
- Library Charges
- Fees and Funding Guide: