The Information Compliance Team is responsible for developing and maintaining various policies related to data protection and compliance, which are formal requirements and set out the related direction and intent of the University.
Some of these policies are available to all whilst some are only available to University-registered individuals.
- Data Protection Policy – This policy provides a comprehensive framework for the University’s compliance efforts.
- Data Protection Statement – This statement establishes the University’s pledge toward data protection.
- Information Ownership and Classification Policy – This policy sets out the ownership and accountability for information within the University and defines a risk-based classification scheme for the treatment of information.
- Records Management Policy – This policy outlines the University’s approach to improving the control of its valuable information assets.
- Records Management Policy – Annex C – UoL Retention Schedule – This policy outlines the University’s retention schedule.
- Records Management Policy – Annex D – JISC Retention Schedule – This policy outlines the JISC retention schedule, which the University observes.
The Information Compliance Team produces various guidance and advice documents related to specific topics, processes, or tasks.
Some of these guidance and advice documents are available only to University-registered individuals.
- Direct Marketing Guidance
- Mobile Phone Usage for Research Guidance
- Photographs, Audio Recordings and Filming People Guidance v2
- Working From Home Guidance
- Sharing Information via email Guidance
- Supplier Data Processing Contracts Guidance
- Supplier Data Processing Terms Checklist
The Information Compliance Team below provides the most common templates and tools needed to ensure that the University’s projects, processes, research undertakings and third-party agreements are managed in a compliant fashion.
Some of these templates and tools are available only to University-registered individuals.