The Secretariat provides a drafting service for all the University’s academic-related regulations and collaborates with staff to navigate the passage of new, and updates to existing, regulations through the various approval stages of the committee process.
The Deputy University Secretary chairs the University’s Standing Regulations Oversight Group which scrutinises and endorses revisions and amendments to existing regulations, and develops new sets of regulations, as further awards are added to the University’s Schedule.
The Secretariat is able to provide guidance on the regulations and produces a guidance manual to the University Regulations.
On this page, you will find electronic copies of the current University Regulations. Copies are provided in PDF format. Please contact the Secretariat if you have difficulty accessing the documents.
University General Regulations
The University General Regulations are for all students currently enrolled on University of Lincoln programmes. They contain information on such matters as Academic Offences, Academic Review and Appeals, Fitness to Practise, Complaints, Student Discipline, Academic Fees, and the use of the Library.
Temporary Regulations and Variations to Regulations (Covid-19 enforced)
The University has put the following Temporary Regulations into place to support its operations and students during the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Performance to Date Procedures and Regulations (Covid-19)
- Regulation Change to Resit Allowances (Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught students)
- Apprenticeship Students: Assessment Submission Extensions
- Safety Net Mark Regulation (Covid-19)
The regulations for students enrolled on Undergraduate programmes cover such details as the Awards of the University, Enrolment and Registration, Assessment, Boards of Examiners, External Examiners and Publication of Results.
- Undergraduate Regulations 2020-21
- Undergraduate Regulations 2019-20
- Variations to Undergraduate Regulations for 2020-21
- Variations to Undergraduate Regulations for 2019-20
In addition to the Undergraduate Regulations, students on the following programmes should also read the relevant section of the Variations:
- BSc (Hons) Acupuncture
- Bachelor of Architecture with Honours and BA (Hons) Architecture
- BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science and Master’s of Bioscience with Science Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Business Studies with Professional Practice, BA (Hons) Business and Management with Professional Practice , and BA (Hons) Business and Marketing with Professional Practice
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science and MComp Computer Science
- FdSc Engineering Management
- BSc (Hons) Food related programmes based at NCFM
- BSc (Hons) Midwifery, BSc (Hons) Nursing with registered nurse (Adult), BSc (Hons) Nursing with registered nurse (Mental Health), BSc (Hons) Nursing (Registered nurse – Adult), BSc (Hons) Nursing (Registered nurse – Mental Health), BSc (Hons) Nursing (Registered nurse – Child), Diploma (HE) Nursing Associate, and BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science [A Specific, Separate Variation relating to In-Year Resists].
- BSc (Hons) Herbal Medicine
- BA (Hons) Journalism
- LLB (Hons) and related joint honours awards including Certificate of HE
- Non-Medical Prescribing Short Course and Graduate Certificate in Independent/Supplementary Prescriber Prescribing (NMC Approved)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (including Adult, Child and Mental Health pathways) with Registered Nurse and Pre-registration variations
- DipHE Nursing Associate
- BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
- Master of Pharmacy (MPharm)
- Post Qualifying Practice Programmes
- BSc (Hons) Professional Practice
- BSc (Hons) Social Work
- Dual Award arrangements for programmes delivered in association with KDU, Penang, Malaysia
Postgraduate Taught Regulations
The regulations for students enrolled on Postgraduate Taught programmes cover such details as the Awards of the University, Admissions, Enrolment and Registration, Assessment, Board of Examiners, External Examiners and publication of results.
- Taught Postgraduate Regulations 2020-21
- Taught Postgraduate Regulations 2019-20
- Variations to Taught Postgraduate Regulations 2020-21
- Variations to Taught Postgraduate Regulations 2019-20 (May 2020)
In addition to the Postgraduate Taught Regulations, students on the following programmes should also read the relevant section of these approved Variations:
- MSc Advanced Professional Practice in Social Work
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
- Master of Architecture (MArch) and PG Diploma in Professional Practice and Management in Architecture
- MSc Clinical Animal Behaviour
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) in Higher Education Teaching
- Postgraduate Certificates in Education (Primary) and (Secondary)
- MSc Governance
- PGCE in Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- PGCert and Diploma in Learning and Teaching in HE
- MSc Muscoskeletal and Sports Medicine
- Non-Medical Prescribing programmes
- MSc Nursing
- MSc Occupational Therapy (pre-registration)
- MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration)
- Post Qualifying Professional Practice programmes
- MSc Social Work
- MSc Specialist Practice Frail Older Adults for Health & Social Care (including Best Interests Assessor short course)
- MSc Sports Therapy
A special set of Regulations also govern the Erasmus Mundus Master programmes:
Postgraduate Research Degrees Regulations
The regulations are for students enrolled on Research Postgraduate programmes (Masters by Research, MPhil or PhD) and they cover such details as Enrolment, Progression, Supervision, Transfer of Enrolment from MPhil to PhD, Examinations, Examiners and the Thesis. They also provide an overview of each research degree programme type.
- Research Degrees Regulations 2020-21
- Research Degrees Regulations 2019-20
- Higher Doctorate Regulations 2020-21
- Higher Doctorate Regulations 2019-20
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy) Joint Regulations 2020-21
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy) Joint Regulations 2019-20
Schedule of Awards
The Schedule of Awards outlines the list of programmes awarded by the University.