The Secretariat provides a supportive drafting service for the University’s academic-related regulations and collaborates with staff to navigate the passage of new, and updates to existing, regulations through the various approval stages of the committee process.
The University’s Standing Regulations Oversight Group scrutinises and endorses revisions and amendments to existing regulations, and develops new sets of regulations, as further awards are added to the University’s Schedule.
The Secretariat is able to provide guidance on the application of the regulations.
On this page, you will find electronic copies of the current University Regulations. Copies are provided in PDF format. Please contact the Secretariat if you have difficulty accessing the documents.
A Summary of Changes to University Regulations 2020-21 is provided for students and staff to reference which highlights changes for the 2020-21 academic year.
University General Regulations
The University General Regulations are for all students currently enrolled on University of Lincoln programmes. They contain information on such matters as Academic Offences, Academic Review and Appeals, Fitness to Practise, Complaints, Student Discipline, Academic Fees, and the use of the Library.
Temporary Regulations and Variations to Regulations (Covid-19 enforced)
The University has put the following Temporary Regulations into place to support its operations and students during the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Regulation Change to Resit Allowances (Undergraduate and Taught Postgraduate)
- Apprenticeship Students: Assessment Submission Extensions
- Safety Net Mark Regulation (Covid-19) (Only applicable for marks achieved prior to 16/03/2020).
The regulations for students enrolled on Undergraduate programmes cover such details as the Awards of the University, Enrolment and Registration, Assessment, Boards of Examiners, External Examiners and Publication of Results.
- Undergraduate Regulations 2020-21
- Variations to Undergraduate Regulations for 2020-21
- Undergraduate Regulations 2019-20
- Variations to Undergraduate Regulations for 2019-20
In addition to the Undergraduate Regulations, students on the following programmes should also read the relevant section of the Variations:
- BA (Hons) Accountancy and Finance, and BA (Hons) Business and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Acupuncture
- Cert HE Ambulance Clinical Technician Practice
- Bachelor of Architecture with Honours (and BA (Hons) Architecture)
- Master of Biosciences (MBio), BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science and BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science with Science Foundation Year (applicable to students enrolling on and after 2017/2018)
- Master of Biosciences (MBio) and BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science programmes (applicable to students enrolled before 2017/2018)
- BA (Hons) Business Studies with Professional Practice, BA (Hons) Business and Management with Professional Practice, BA (Hons) Business and Marketing with Professional Practice
- BSc (Hons)/MComp Computer Science and BSc (Hons)/MComp Games Computing
- BEng (Hons) Electrical Engineering, MEng Electrical Engineering, BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering and MEng Mechanical Engineering programmes (including with Science Foundation Year)
- FdSc Engineering Management
- In-Year Resits for specific programmes in the School of Health & Social Care: BSc (Hons) Midwifery, BSc (Hons) Nursing with registered nurse (Adult), BSc (Hons) Nursing with registered nurse (Mental Health), BSc (Hons) Nursing (Registered nurse – Adult), BSc (Hons) Nursing (Registered nurse – Mental Health), BSc (Hons) Nursing (Registered nurse – Child), Cert HE Ambulance Clinical Technician Practice, Diploma (HE) Nursing Associate, and BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
- BSc (Hons) Herbal Medicine
- BSc (Hons) Food Science and Technology, BSc (Hons) Food and Drink Operations and Manufacturing Management, BSc (Hons) Agri-Produce and Supply Chain Management and BSc (Hons) Operations and Supply Chain Management
- BA (Hons) Journalism and Cert HE Journalism
- LLB (Hons) Law and LLB (Hons) Law Joint Awards (including Certificate of HE programmes)
- BSc (Hons) Midwifery
- Non-Medical Prescribing Short Course and Graduate Certificate in Independent/ Supplementary Prescriber Prescribing
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (including Adult Nursing and Mental Health Nursing pathways)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing with Registered Nurse (Adult) and BSc (Hons) Nursing with Registered Nurse (Mental Health) including Return to Practice (Nursing) short course
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Pre-registration – Adult) and the BSc (Hons) Nursing (Pre-registration – Mental Health) and the BSc (Hons) Nursing (Pre-registration – Child)
- Diploma of HE Nursing Associate Programme
- FdSc Nursing Associate
- BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
- Master of Pharmacy
- BSc (Hons) Professional Practice
- BSc Professional Practice (Module NUR9037M: Paediatric Urgent Care)
- Post Qualifying Professional Practice Programmes
- BSc (Hons) Social Work
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Therapy and Cert HE Sport and Exercise Therapy
- University and KDU (Penang) University College, Malaysia
Postgraduate Taught Regulations
The regulations for students enrolled on Postgraduate Taught programmes cover such details as the Awards of the University, Admissions, Enrolment and Registration, Assessment, Board of Examiners, External Examiners and publication of results.
- Taught Postgraduate Regulations 2020-21
- Variations to Taught Postgraduate Regulations 2020-21
- Taught Postgraduate Regulations 2019-20
- Variations to Taught Postgraduate Regulations 2019-20
In addition to the Postgraduate Taught Regulations, students on the following programmes should also read the relevant section of these approved Variations:
- MSc Advanced Professional Practice in Social Work
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
- Master of Architecture (MArch) and PG Diploma in Professional Practice and Management in Architecture
- MSc Clinical Animal Behaviour
- PGDip and MSc Counselling
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) in Higher Education Teaching
- Postgraduate Certificates in Education (Primary) and (Secondary)
- MSc Forensic Psychology
- MSc Governance
- PGDip High Intensity Psychological Interventions (HIPI)
- PGCE in Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Postgraduate Diploma in Policy and Practice in HE
- PGCert and Diploma in Learning and Teaching in HE
- MSc Management, MSc Management with Human Resources, MSc Management with Project Management, MSc Management with Supply Chain, MSc Management with Marketing and MBA Leadership (Online Programmes)
- MSc Muscoskeletal and Sports Medicine
- Non-Medical Prescribing programmes
- MSc Nursing
- MSc Occupational Therapy (pre-registration)
- MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration)
- Paediatric Urgent Care (Level 7 – Short Course – NUR9037M)
- Post Qualifying Professional Practice programmes
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner Programmes
- MSc Social Work
- MSc Specialist Practice Frail Older Adults for Health & Social Care (including Best Interests Assessor short course)
- MSc Sports Therapy
A special set of Regulations also govern the Erasmus Mundus Master programmes:
Postgraduate Research Degrees Regulations
The regulations are for students enrolled on Research Postgraduate programmes (Masters by Research, MPhil or PhD) and they cover such details as Enrolment, Progression, Supervision, Transfer of Enrolment from MPhil to PhD, Examinations, Examiners and the Thesis. They also provide an overview of each research degree programme type.
- Research Degrees Regulations 2020-21
- Research Degrees Regulations 2019-20
- Higher Doctorate Regulations 2020-21
- Higher Doctorate Regulations 2019-20
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy) Joint Regulations 2020-21
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy) Joint Regulations 2019-20
Schedule of Awards
The Schedule of Awards outlines the list of programmes awarded by the University.