On this page, you will find electronic copies of the current University Regulations.
The University Regulations are provided in PDF format. Please contact the Secretariat if you have difficulty accessing the documents.
The University General Regulations apply to all students and learners enrolled on University of Lincoln programmes. They contain information about the University’s rules and processes around such matters as Tuition Fees, Academic Offences, Academic Review and Appeals, Exam and Live Assessment Conduct, Mitigating Circumstances, Fitness to Practise, Student Complaints, Student Misconduct and the use of the Library (this is not an exhaustive list).
The Undergraduate Regulations are regulations for students enrolled on Undergraduate programmes and cover such details as the Awards of the University, Assessment, Boards of Examiners, External Examiners and Publication of Results.
Students enrolled on the Undergraduate programmes listed below must ensure they are familiar with the relevant section of the Variations to Undergraduate Regulations for 2022-23. These variations apply to their programme.
- BA (Hons) Accountancy and Finance, and BA (Hons) Business and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Acupuncture
- Cert HE Ambulance Clinical Technician Practice
- Bachelor of Architecture with Honours (and BA (Hons) Architecture)
- Master of Biosciences (MBio), BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science and BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science with Science Foundation Year (applicable to students enrolling on and after 2017/2018)
- Master of Biosciences (MBio) and BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science programmes (applicable to students enrolled before 2017/2018)
- BA (Hons)
- BSc (Hons)/MComp Computer Science and BSc (Hons)/MComp Games Computing
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering programmes, MEng Mechanical Engineering programmes, BEng (Hons) Electrical Engineering programmes, Meng Electrical Engineering programmes, BEng (Hons) Mechatronics (including the above with Science Foundation Year)
- FdSc Engineering Management
- In-Year Resits for specific programmes in the School of Health & Social Care: BSc (Hons) Midwifery, BSc (Hons) Nursing with registered nurse (Adult), BSc (Hons) Nursing with registered nurse (Mental Health), BSc (Hons) Nursing (Registered nurse – Adult), BSc (Hons) Nursing (Registered nurse – Mental Health), BSc (Hons) Nursing (Registered nurse – Child), Cert HE Ambulance Clinical Technician Practice, Diploma (HE) Nursing Associate, and BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
- Proceed with Conditions for specific programmes in the School of Health & Social Care: Ambulance Technician Practice (Cert HE), Nursing (Adult; Child; Mental Health) (BSc (Hons)), Nursing Degree Apprenticeship, FdSc Nursing Associate, Midwifery (BSc (Hons)), Paramedic Science (BSc (Hons)), Social Work Degree Apprenticeship.
- Interruption of Studies for specific programmes in the School of Health & Social Care: BSc (Hons) Midwifery, BSc (Hons) Nursing (Registered Nurse –Adult), BSc (Hons) Nursing (Registered Nurse –Child), BSc (Hons) Nursing (Registered Nurse –Mental Health), BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science, BSc (Hons) Professional Practice, BSc (Hons) Social Work, Cert (HE) Ambulance Technician Practice, FdSc Nursing Associate.
- BSc (Hons) Herbal Medicine
- BSc (Hons) Food Science and Technology, BSc (Hons) Food and Drink Operations and Manufacturing Management, BSc (Hons) Agri-Produce and Supply Chain Management and BSc (Hons) Operations and Supply Chain Management
- LLB (Hons) Law and LLB (Hons) Law Joint Awards (including Certificate of HE programmes)
- FdSc Maritime Studies
- BSc (Hons) Midwifery
- Non-Medical Prescribing Short Course and Graduate Certificate in Independent/ Supplementary Prescriber Prescribing
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (including Adult Nursing and Mental Health Nursing pathways)
- short course
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Pre-registration – Adult) and the BSc (Hons) Nursing (Pre-registration – Mental Health) and the BSc (Hons) Nursing (Pre-registration – Child)
- Diploma of HE Nursing Associate Programme
- FdSc Nursing Associate
- BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
- Master of Pharmacy
- BSC Physics/MPhys (including ‘Mathematics and’ and ‘with Philosophy’ pathways)
- BSc (Hons) Professional Practice
- BSc Professional Practice (Module NUR9037M: Paediatric Urgent Care)
- Post Qualifying Professional Practice Programmes
- BSc (Hons) Social Work
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Therapy and Cert HE Sport and Exercise Therapy
- University and KDU (Penang) University College, Malaysia
The regulations for students enrolled on Postgraduate Taught programmes cover such details as the Awards of the University, Admissions, Enrolment and Registration, Assessment, Board of Examiners, External Examiners and publication of results.
In addition to the Postgraduate Taught Regulations, students on the following programmes should also read the relevant section of the Variations to Postgraduate Taught Regulations 2022-23:
- February Start Lincoln International Business School Programmes (Various – See Variation)
- MSc Advanced Professional Practice in Social Work
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice and pathways
- Master of Architecture (MArch) and the Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Practice and Management in Architecture
- MSc Clinical Animal Behaviour PGDip / MSc Counselling
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Secondary) and Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Primary)
- MSc Forensic Psychology
- MSc Governance
- PGDip High Intensity Psychological Interventions (HIPI)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Policy and Practice in HE
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) in Higher Education Teaching & Learning
- Postgraduate Certificate/Postgraduate Diploma in Learning & Teaching in Higher Education
- Programmes Delivered Online by HEP, including LLM, LLM International Law, LLM Business Law, MSc Management, MSc Management with Human Resources, MSc Management with Project Management, MSc Management with Supply Chain, MSc Management with Marketing, MBA Leadership
- Interruption of Studies – MSc Advanced Clinical Practice, MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (apprenticeship), MSc Integrated Professional Practice, MSc Nursing (Adult), MSc Nursing (Child), MSc Nursing (Mental Health), MSc Occupational Therapy, MSc Physiotherapy, MSc Social Work, PG Cert Health Professions Education
- MSc Muscoskeletal and Sports Medicine
- Postgraduate Certificate in Non-Medical Prescribing/Practice Certificate in Independent Prescribing
- Postgraduate Certificate in Independent/Supplementary Prescriber Preparation
- MSc Integrated Professional Practice
- MSc Nursing (Adult, Child or Mental Health)
- MSc Occupational Therapy (pre-registration)
- MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration)
- Paediatric Urgent Care (Level 7 – Short Course – NUR9037M)
- Post Qualifying Professional Practice programmes
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner Programmes
- MSc Psychological Research Methods/MSc Developmental Psychology
- MSc Social Work
- MSc Specialist Practice for Frail Older Adults for Health and Social Care (and Best Interests Assessor Module)
- MSc Sports Therapy
The regulations are for students enrolled on Research Postgraduate programmes (Masters by Research, MPhil or PhD) and they cover such details as Enrolment, Progression, Supervision, Transfer of Enrolment from MPhil to PhD, Examinations, Examiners and the Thesis. They also provide an overview of each research degree programme type.
Secretariat colleagues are able to provide guidance on the application of the Regulations.
The Secretariat team provide a supportive drafting service for University Regulations and collaborate with staff to navigate the passage of new, and updates to existing, Regulations through the approval stages of the committee process. The University’s Standing Regulations Oversight Group scrutinises and endorses revisions and amendments to existing Regulations, and develops new sets of regulations, as further awards are added to the University’s Schedule.
Schedule of Awards
The Schedule of Awards outlines the list of programmes awarded by the University.
University Degree Outcomes Statement
The most recent version of our Degree Outcomes Statement (2021) can be accessed here: